Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 5 in the MTC

Alright, I know I've been organizing these emails on a day to day basis, but I'm not feeling that anymore. I was spending too much time emailing. So I'll give you guys a summary and some fun
moments.

So this past week was a bit rough, well, as rough as it can get at the MTC. I got sick again, except this one lasted much longer than the previous time, I don't want to get into details but I've just been feeling gross all week. It was a good mix between a head cold and some stomach flu. BUT THAT AIN'T STOPPING ME. I've still been having an absolute blast here and this language is so much fun. The grammar of Japanese is literally backwards from English. So I guess you can say
I'm slowly becoming ambidextrous in sentence structure.

Anyways, I'll talk about some happenings from the past week. So Elder Chab is amazing at this language, but he does stress the lessons and
has admitted to his stress. We recently went into a lesson with a topic, a commitment, and a couple vocabulary words. No game plan. I was expecting a lot of unsurety out of him when going into the lesson, but it was awesome seeing him fired up and ready. After that lesson we both came to the agreement that it was the best lesson we ever taught. It was fantastic seeing that growth within a couple weeks. Also, we've been making progress on reading and writing those big, scary kanji
characters. I think I'm turning Japanese.

While we're on the subject of Elder Chab, the guy sleeps for about 2 of the 3 hours we're in class, yet he's got more of the language down then I do. But his sleeping style is hilarious, he's got the head bob going and every once in a while he snores himself awake. For a missionary who doesn't have access to the outside world, this is entertainment at its finest. Don't worry, I'm a good companion and I
wake him up every once in a while, but most of the time I enjoy the show.




We got new Kohai (New Japanese Elders) who are still in that awkward break-in period, but they're slowly warming up and getting more outgoing. We've been helping out wherever we can to make them feel comfortable, some of them have come out of their shell and they're actually quite hilarious. They come from all over the world, some more exotic than others, such as Germany, Bulgaria, France, Ireland, and North Las Vegas. Awesome Elders if you ask me.

If there's one thing I'll miss the most about the MTC when I leave for Japan, it's the fact that I wont be able to consistently play beach volleyball on a daily basis. Let me tell ya, I have been throwing down the hammer lately, I'm surprised the ball hasn't popped yet. I'm kidding, but man it's fun, I don't know if it's because we're missionaries or what, but everyone's such a good sport.

Other than that, I'm so stoked for Japan. Time is weird as a missionary, it moves so much faster, every time I go to bed I'm still surprised how fast the day moves, and the weeks move even faster. I
can still vividly recall my first day here, yet I've already been here for over a month. I've only got 4 weeks left before I touch ground in Japan. It's gonna fly by.

愛しています,
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment