Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Week 9 in Japan: Blitz 2017


Don't worry, I'm alive. We had our temple P-Day today, which was absolutely beautiful. I also got to see some serious progress with the 
language as I didn't need the translator this time around. So that was sweet. This past week we had a ton of meetings, which were nice, but I 
still enjoy being out and talking to people. We had a zone blitz this past week where our entire zone gets together and concentrates all our 
efforts on a specific area for a night. That night we took on Hashimoto Station out by Sagamihara. It was 2 hours, and for the first hour I was assigned to go on splits with this tall goofy guy named 
Elder Sumsion. He was my Dai-Senpai at the MTC, which means that he has only been in Japan for 6 weeks more than me. We were asked to go 
streeting. He thought that I knew more Japanese than him and insisted that I take the lead. I called him a dirty liar and insisted that he took the lead. After a rather intense match of Janken (Japanese 
Rock-Paper-Scissors) I ended up taking the lead... Although we are nowhere near fluent, we were able to teach several people and set up a next lesson with 2 of them. After our dazed state of confusion as to what just happened in that short hour, we were put on splits with different companions for the next hour. The next hour wasn't near as fun since the crowd died down due to the late hours, but I went on splits with a much more experienced missionary named Elder Choi who taught me a bunch of stuff about the language. He was pretty quiet, but It was a nice cool down. Other than that I just keep learning more and more everyday, like how delicious Sea Urchin is, and how much Elder Sakae hates being tickled. It's a wonderful life though, that's for sure. 

Keep the party Rockin, 
Elder Cuff 

Tokyo is so big, the city just keeps going in either direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment