Sunday, April 16, 2017

Week 22 in Japan: Cherry Blossoms




Our apartment is short on cleaning supplies, needs some cleaning, and Elder Poff is buying a set of pants. It'll be short today.    For the past little while I've been studying a lot of kanji. I realize how blind I was. Now that I can read a good amount of signs and papers, it's opened up a whole new world. Japan's sick.   

While knocking on doors we talked to this lady who's house smelled crazy good. I have no idea what type of smell it is but it seemed like a mix between fancy smelly stuff and fresh leather. It's been nagging at me for the past week, like I wanna smell it again so bad.   

We had a couple guys in the ward who are our age leave for their own missions. I'm so excited for them but now we're realizing how huge of help they were for us. It's gotten so much harder to find someone to help us out in teaching lessons. Also we used to go on splits with them a lot and it really sped up the work. Now we have to pull out the ward directory.   

Our main man with the baptismal date is starting to understand that faith is an action. It's not just simply believing that something is true, but acting on that belief. I know that if we strive to be better than we were before, take time to serve others, and follow the teachings of Christ, we will find joy and build that faith. It is promised and it is real. But don't just take my word for it; it helps if you try it out. The world can seem a bit scary some days, and missionary work can be a bit overwhelming, but when you find that love and joy for yourself through faith, sharing it with others doesn’t seem too bad at all.

Life's good.   
愛を込めて、 

Cuff Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment