Monday, July 23, 2018

Super Sweat!: Week 88 in Japan


It’s really hot outside. My goodness. Also who invented humidity, that stuff is rough.

Anywho. 

The Chicago man himself, Elder Reid!

I’m training again! His name is Elder Reid, he’s from Chicago so we’ve mainly talked about food. Why? Because Chicago food just makes sense. But he’s an incredible missionary. No fear, the man will raise his voice and wave down people on the streets all day. It’s awesome! These past few days have been amazing, I don’t have to go to a bunch of meetings anymore so we get to spend a lot more time outside talking to people and it feels GREAT. I am sweating a lot more than before though, so that’s been a minor adjustment.

We’ve talked to so many amazing people this week, also received some advice from an old guy and how to stop your knees and hips from hurting, so when I get to that point, I’ll definitely try things out. But it’s been a lot of fun. Before Elder Schow left we met with our buddies Ryuya and Shun. We’re going to be meeting with them later this week and introduce Elder Reid. 

Post lunch with Ryuya.

Post dinner with Shun.

We got a crock pot this week. We had a crock pot dinner on Sunday. It was great. 

Yellow watermelon. Tasted and felt the same as regular watermelon. Who knew?

Among the people we met this week was a Nepalese pop star. His dad is opening an Indo curry shop right next to where we live. While walking with Bishnu he brought us into their half built shop and introduced us to the family. I’ve found on my Mission that a lot of Indian and Nepalese people don’t really check out the church, but they make some awesome friends and are some of the friendliest people I’ve met. But seriously, this guy Bishnu is the real deal. Look him up on YouTube. The name is Bishnu Kandel. He’s got a heart of gold. 

Faith, Hope, and Love. Was a really good reminder that day on the train.

They talked a lot about pioneers at church this week. I honestly believe God has lead me down a lot of the right paths and helped my to pioneer my own paths in life. I’m grateful for the wonderful things I’ve been able to enjoy in life and the even more wonderful people I’ve been able to meet. I like to think of The Gospel as a compass. Although I might be taking a few different paths and every once in a while I might have to hedge out my own, it keeps me in the right direction. God loves us. He hears our prayers. What an awesome thing! Had a really good week this week, and I plan on having another good one next week. I hope you all feel the same!

愛しています、
Elder Cuff

My mask kept falling off. It was stressful (haha).

Kouta at Fiesta


Fiesta!




No comments:

Post a Comment