Monday, May 15, 2017

Japanese Jeff Spicoli (Week 26 in Japan)

Happy Mother's Day! Today I had the wonderful opportunity to talk to my parents for a bit. As usual, my parents are cooler than yours.   

So this past week Elder Harrison and I have been having an absolute blast. He's a real fun guy to be around and loves working hard. One of the people we found this week is the reason for he title. While knocking on doors we came across an apartment stacked with college students. This one really cool dude answered the door, and before me stood a Japanese version of Jeff Spicoli. (I'll give a 100-yen to whoever knows who Jeff Spicoli is.) But for those who don't get the reference, it was a Japanese version of your classic beach bum California surfer dude with long hair and no shirt on. He was stoked to see missionaries, went to a Christian high school, believes in Christ, gladly took a Book of Mormon, and will be meeting us again next Sunday. For sure; Party on dude.   

I got to translate again at Zone Meeting, it's fun, but gracious it’s tiring. I'm pretty sure my brain is sore. Or I just have a headache, one of the 2.   

Last thing I want to talk about is love. Love is the driving force behind everything good. Although it can sometimes be hard to express, love makes the difference between truly serving, and just getting your hands dirty. Doing good deeds is important, but more important is the motive behind the good deed. When doing something for someone else, practice doing it out of love. Plus it makes service that much more fun!  

愛しています、 
Elder Cuff

 Japanese Firefighter Training Center



Pic from previous transfer

Da' Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment