Sunday, May 7, 2017

Week 25 in Japan: Harrison & Cuff, Texas Rangers



So, last P-day, as a zone, we climbed Mt. Ooyama which is translated as, Big Mountain. I love Japanese! It was hot and humid. We got rained on. There was lightening, and I had the time of my life. 11/10 would recommend it.

Elder Harrison is an awesome guy. He's about 6'6" and proud to be from Texas. When he arrived I grabbed the biggest and heaviest looking bag he had. It was surprisingly light. Confused, I asked him what was inside. When I opened it up I learned he had taken the time to pack the entire thing with American cereal. It's going to be a fun transfer!









While playing our usual Saturday afternoon basketball game at the rec center, Elder Harrison threw down some mean dunks and swatted some shots across the court. Our basketball buddies just about worshipped him. Props to the kid guarding him. Although there was an obvious height difference, he never gave up!

This morning, Elder Harrison and I got up early, had a big breakfast, then biked to the beach. We just enjoyed the scenery, tossed a football, and enjoyed the sounds of the waves.


I found this chill frog while helping pull weeds.


My thoughts this past week are more of a continuation from the previous week on the importance of attitude. I received an email from my older brother, Jonathan, who said something I really like, "We can't get joy out of things. We put joy into things." I think if you get too busy blaming everything on your circumstances, you'll spend a lot of time being unhappy.

I'm here to tell ya' that everyday is a good day; especially the rainy ones. Count your blessings!

愛を込めて、 
カフ長老 

No comments:

Post a Comment