Monday, February 12, 2018

申し訳ありません: Week 65 in Japan


Alright, I'm so sorry, but this week is gonna be kinda short and I don't have any pictures. Party foul on my part.

So basically we've been all over the place this past week, lots of appointments, lots of fun finding opportunities. Our man Yamaguchi is still nowhere to be found, but it did look like he made some effort in fixing his garage last time we dropped by. By some effort I mean he put up a couple wood planks that look like really sketchy support pillars. He didn't answer so we wrote out a note and left it on his door.

Hashimoto San is still getting a bit bumpy, we hit a big road block with him though. He works at a bar/restaurant which is really busy on weekends so he's not able to make it to church on Sundays anymore. Also he went on vacation to celebrate finishing testing so he hasn't been reading. But we're still cruising along.

We've started with some other people we had a chance to find this week including this one guy named Ookura. He loves art and jazz music, in fact he's amazing at the saxophone. He's actually a friend of some of the older members who live in the old person community where we do the bike taxi service and they introduced us to him. We're way stoked. He said he's always just felt some type of emptiness in his life and he thinks he's found the solution in learning of Christ. I'm sorry but that doesn't happen too regularly to me so that was a cool moment. We'll be hanging with him every Saturday.

As far as funny stories go, I don't really know if I have one this week. I mean there were a lot of laughs and joking around but there were all kind o "in the moment" type jokes so I honestly don't have
anything. Again, sorry for the dry email.
Love you all!

愛你們,
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment