Monday, March 12, 2018

Elder Sadler in slacks: Week 69 in Japan


Hello my beloved people

Spring's a comin'!

Things have been way nice, we had a bit of rain this week, the trees are blooming and the temperatures are going up so I am nothing but happy. We had a wonderful week out here in the work. Set up some return appointments and built up the area a bit before the transfer ends this week. Today is transfer calls and I am joining my good friend Elder Smith in Kamiooka! 

Last night at the Savstrom's.






So Polynesian Night happened and let me tell you something, that was plain out fun. I'm telling y'all, lava lavas are where it's at. Comfy, fashionable, they're the whole 9 yards. But anyway, it was an awesome event and we had a really big turn out, filled out the entire gym, past the overflow, and into the chapel of the Stake Center in Kichijoji. Had lights, speakers, cameras, the works. I saw Elder Sandler at Polynesian Night and let me tell you, the man looks great in slacks (Got you homie). In considering the question "Are we human or are we dancers." the answer is most definitely dancers. My hips don't lie. We sang, we danced, I had lipstick on my face, a small child hit me with a poi ball, and I was dead beat tired. 

Haka Madness!!

On the train ride back I was listening in on a couple guys' conversation and decided to interrupt. Why? Because I'm a missionary. Also they were speaking hard Kansai(it's a dialect) and were really funny. Turns out they were comedians on their way back from Tokyo. THAT was a fun conversation. But they were really cool guys and one thing I loved is that all they ever want to do is make people smile. And I think that we can all relate to that way of thinking. We can all strive to make people smile, and there's a lot more ways to do that than cracking jokes. There's awesome stuff like service, and giving, and sending Elder Cuff assorted flavors of Skittles and M&Ms. (Sorry, autocorrect put that last one in) But that's what it's all about, sharing love, and sharing joy. 

Some of the crew.


Judy Shimai came from Kofu! It was so sick! Also my new companion Elder Smith.


As a missionary, one of my favorite things to teach about is The Commandments. Most people's first reaction is that it's a set of rules that just make life less fun. I'll be honest at first glance that makes perfect sense. But one thing I've started to realize is that life is a whole lot better in following them. It can sometimes be hard to see it without personal experience; but I believe Commandments are based out of Love and Charity. We have a loving Heavenly Father who gave these to us so that we can live happy fulfilling lives! I've found, in fact, that life is easier. There is no lie to cover if you are honest and have integrity. There is no heartbreak if you are faithful. There is no conflict if you do not judge. It can be difficult some days, and of course we're not 100% perfect, but we enter the refiners fire because it's hard to shape cold iron. I know Christ lives and that we are loved no matter what. It's such an awesome blessing and has personally helped me to see a lot of good in the world. I love you all. Don't forget to smile this week! Then when you're smiling help someone else smile!

Party On, 
Elder Cuff

Lots of photos, sorry. 

Polynesian Night has a lot of videos but it's hard to send. They're going to make a DVD of the whole thing so don't worry Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment