Monday, March 5, 2018

Salmon what?!? Week 68 in Japan

This week flew by. It was ridiculous. 


The Zone and Mihiro-San on Mt. Takao. Also, the Kohoku elders.  


On Tuesday we had lunch after having a lesson with one of our investigators and he introduced some new sushi to me. After eating it I was way stoked because it was incredibly delicious and I asked him what it was since he just kind of handed it to me and told me to try it. I look up and he just sits there smiling and casually says, "Salmon Testicals". Thanks. 

During our bike taxi service there's an older guy who usually gets a ride from us on a regular basis and told us to come visit sometime. So we did. He and his wife let us in and gave us strawberries. They had a Book of Mormon from 2 years ago or so. They don't have interest in learning about The Gospel. However, the wife is actually a survivor from WW2 and told us what it was like. It was crazy! She was in middle school and they forced everyone to work in factories to build war supplies. Then when it ended and she was supposed to go back to school, they didn't even have desks at the schools since they used everything they had to try and supply the war. She also was a first hand witness of a lot of the fire-bombings and lost a lot of friends all while having very little food to live on. It was very humbling to hear her experience. I don't know how I would feel if that happened to me in middle school. But then she talked about how that experience made her into a stronger person, and although it's hard to look back on, she said it's helped her. She said she found importance in giving and that she has a bigger capacity to handle hard things. It was incredible listening to her. 

Friday we had interviews and then took off to Kichijoji (Tokyo) to practice for a big event we're doing called Polynesian Night. It'll be on Saturday this upcoming week but I don't want to spoil anything. I may or may not be dancing in a lava-lava. 

Other than that it was just the usual finding and teaching. 

Keep on keepin on,
Elder Cuff



We found a sick water fountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment