Monday, May 28, 2018

Onward and Upward: Week 80 in Japan

This week was pretty stellar! Our main man Kouta is getting baptized the first week of July and he is so stoked for it!

This week was pretty routine, just going to work and having a good time. Couldn’t ask for anything more. We went on splits with the other Elders in our apartment and Elder Israde and I had our own personal fiesta. Some spanish, a few bike rides, and some good laughs and learning experiences along the way. Also I’m starting to grow a dislike for birds here in Kamiooka. I got pooped on by a pigeon. But their poops aren’t as big as crow poops so it’s okay. Still got some fun looks while I found a bathroom to clean up in since the apartment was a decent bike ride away. 

Also while on splits with the elders from Yokosuka we had a great time. The Yokosuka elders had an investigator that’s been having hard time and they’ve been having trouble staying in contact with him. Even though they came all the way up to Kamiooka from Yokosuka, we somehow ran into this man on a backroad in our area. Couldn’t have planned that no matter how hard we tried. But how cool is that! Elder Poulsen was able to talk to him and see what’s been going on and this guy just let him know and they got things worked out. Man God’s timing perfect! It’s a good thing He’s in control of things cause I don’t know what I’d do without Him. 

We also had an awesome guy from England named John came join us at church. We talked with him after and he’s just such awesome guy with questions similar to me when I really decided to start coming to a better understanding of this Gospel. It was just such a strong testimony to me that these things are so true. I know so many people have those questions, but I appreciate people like John who is not afraid and has the humility to express his concerns. I know I’ve come here to be a part of these guys’ lives. It’s so incredible. Despite all the funny experiences, stories, learning a language and culture, food, friends, and wonderful connections, nothing beats the experiences I’ve had this week. We taught truth. And we taught it to those who were ready to listen. Being lost kinda sucks. But on the upside there are answers! 

愛しています、
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment