Monday, May 7, 2018

Mom's Always Right: Week 77 in Japan





So in regards to last week, we had a great time. One of our investigators picked us up and drove us out to Costco. After taking us to our apartment to drop everything off he brought us back to his place where we had a great lunch and listened to MoTab. Right after that he took us over to the church where we met with an Eikaiwa student who drove us in his Cadillac to his home where he played violin and guitar for us. We talked to him about helping his family connect better and then took us back to the church just in time for us to shoot off a quick email before continuing the work. On the ride back he was wondering about the meaning behind Hotel California by The Eagles. I called up my good friend Elder Wayas who actually explained this to me a few months ago. He reminded me and we had an awesome chance to relate it to The Gospel which made perfect sense to our student. The Lord works in funny ways sometimes.



We had MLC this week and I ate a bunch of Costco muffins. Big win for the A team. Also got to translate. MLC involves a lot more discussion compared to Zone Conferences so it was a bit harder than usual but hopefully things were understandable.

I got pooped on by a crow. They have big poops. Luckily on the way back to change my clothes it helped some people laugh and we were able to share The Gospel a bit so it all worked out for a positive purpose.

This might be a silly thing, and my mother is going to love that I finally caught onto this despite her telling me all the time, but I've found how nice it is to live in a really clean and organized apartment. I felt like I've kept pretty good care of the apartments I've lived in so far, but Elder Salamanopoulos helped push me to the next level. We spent the mass majority of today just deep cleaning, decluttering, reorganizing, and overall tossing out tons of junk. And the apartment looks, feels, and smells great. I had a really cool moment though. My lovely companion hopped in the shower and I took a moment to set up the speaker and turn on some soft music, opened up the windows, and sat down on the couch. It just suddenly hit me out of nowhere but I just really felt at home. I felt so comfortable and great. I think The Spirit is felt in a lot of different ways but right now I'm straight up testifying of not only spiritual, but temporal cleanliness. We have so many awesome gifts and blessings in this life so we should take care it. I love the little things in life, and I'm glad I've really grown to enjoy them. There's a lot of ways to learn and grown and I think The Lord has given me the best means possible for whatever situation I'm in.

愛しています、
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment