Monday, February 6, 2017

Maps from Mom

 I know it's a bit blurry, but that's the way it came to us. This is a screenshot of a pdf file Eric's mission president sent us when he first arrived in Japan. I haven't spent enough time to figure out how to upload a pdf to the blog so I finally took a screenshot and uploaded it as a picture. 



I then zoomed in to include Elder Cuff's first area and his newly assigned, second area. He has been serving in the Machida 1st Ward and is now being transferred to the Fujisawa Ward. Apparently, they ship their luggage down (no, I don't know by what means), but they take their bike on the transit system with them. From what Eric said, they break their bike down and put it in a bag that they can take with them. Makes sense to me as so many people use bicycles as a preferred means of transportation.


Just out of curiosity, I tracked down the address of his current ward building (Machida 1st Ward) and found the nearest address I could to his new one. The exact address as on record with lds.org was not acceptable to google maps. 
I just wanted to see how far his transfer is. The mission itself is not very large geographically. Below is the screenshot of google maps' results. 




I even did the Mom thing and googled his new area. I found a magazine article about the top 10 places to live in Japan. (You can find the article here.)

"1. Fujisawa (Kanagawa Prefecture)
Taking home the top spot is Fujisawa, the coastal city in Kanagawa which includes Enoshima Island. Fujisawa combines the relaxed atmosphere you’d expect from a beach town with extremely convenient public transportation, as a train ride from Enoshima Station to Shinjuku, in the heart of Tokyo, will take you less than 30 minutes. Add in centuries-old temples, colorful local legends about fearsome dragons falling in love with beautiful princesses, and breathtaking sunset views of Mount Fuji, and it’s easy to see why Fujisawa is loved not just by housewives, but by anyone who can appreciate nature, history, or just the relaxing sound of the waves."

Humm...what about someone working hard to share God's word?

No comments:

Post a Comment