Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Week 19 in Japan: Surf's Up!


Hey sorry not a lot of time, temple P-day.

We got to spend last weeks P-Day running around Enoshima Island (see pics below) where we ate some delicious flattened octopus, and watched people do magic. While waiting in line we met a man from Singapore who knew Japanese. He was hilarious and taught us some Chinese. I think I'll stick to Japanese for now... 






Transfers went smooth, but Elder Dowdle has left for Takao and was replaced by Elder Elsmore. As much as I miss Elder Dowdle being in the apartment, Elder Elsmore is an awesome guy who's going to teach me how to cut hair. 

Weather is warming up and feels SO good. I'm ready for my beloved heat, but at the same time I'm not to stoked about the bugs and humidity. 

Okay, miracle. I met a man who, after an awesome conversation about food, let us know that his Mother had passed away just a week ago. I couldn't help but feel so much love for this man. We testified of the Plan of Happiness that our loving Heavenly Father set out for us and watched this man brighten up. There are plenty of things I'm unsure about in this life, but one thing I know is that this Gospel heals people. I know that this life on Earth is not the only life we have. You're telling me that we work for a bunch of years, raise a family, then just die and wisp away into nothing? There has to be more. 

I love all of you, remember to serve one another, love one another, and smile! Especially when you feel frustrated, sad, or angry. Literally, just smile. Promise you'll feel better every time. 

愛を込めて、

Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment