Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Welcome to the Boondocks: Week 31 in Japan

This past week was all sorts of jam packed with good stuff. For starters I am madly in love with Kofu. It feels so good getting out the big city, and get this, there's actually space between the houses. It's super green, we're surrounded by mountains, you can see Mt. Fuji from basically anywhere, and there are tons of fields. The people here are so incredibly kind, like it's rare to get rejected immediately by people. 

We live right by the main Eki and a couple colleges so we don't really have to go far to find people, but if we want to the option’s there. Most members live pretty far away though. Like as in a 1-2 hour bike ride away. The area is an entire prefecture, and prefectures are kind of like states, but smaller because we're in Japan.


The ward here is amazing though; they love missionaries, and always give us a ton of food. Also food here is in giant portions, it's
kind of just got the best parts of Japan and a lot of the best parts of America mixed into one.


But in all honestly leaving Fujisawa was hard. But luckily we have technology so I'm able to stay in contact with the people I've become
good friends with. I'm still considered a young missionary in this mission so I think I could possibly return.



My new companion is absolutely hilarious, and an amazing worker. His name is Elder Farnsworth, and although he may look and speak like an American, make no mistake, he is 100% Hispanic. He was born in Mexico
and graduated from high school in Peru, so he's fluent in Spanish. Also he's late to everything, but makes great carne asada . (Last part
was a joke) But here in Kofu there are a ton of Spanish speakers who are ready to learn The Gospel so he's been a big help with that.
Again, Kofu is an amazing place. (I've already had chicken cooked out of a homemade plancha by one of the Hispanic members and I just got
here. Such a good start to the transfer.)

Life has been an absolute party his past week though. This area is kind of like Fujisawa was though, it just doesn't have a lot of people
to teach so now I'm back into another big finding phase. That's all right though, I used to not be a big fan of going out and talking with a bunch of strangers on the street, but now it's become one of my favorite parts of being a missionary. Just one of those funny little things where nothing's really changed except for my perspective. But that's probably one of the best parts of missions, having to constantly get out of my comfort zone and changing. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else at this point in my life!


愛しています!
カフ長老

No comments:

Post a Comment