Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Daft Funk: Week 34 in Japan

Sorry, temple P-Day really wrecked our time since we have to travel back to Kofu, I'll be keeping short. 

We hosted a fiesta this past week for our district's investigators, we had an awesome turn out of about 40 people. My good friend Elder Jones and I DJ'd the entire night away using a ward member's sound equipment. Who knew missionaries could scratch such mad rhymes and zesty beats. 

Homie helped us DJ!

We've been working with a guy who originally had a history of crime and has been turning away from it. It's amazing to see the humility and the overall willingness he has to listen about his Savior and brother Jesus Christ. Every time we meet with or hang out with him I get so incredibly excited. Even though he likes to post embarrassing videos of us screwing around on Facebook...

It's Momo season here in Japan! (Momo means Peach) One of the ward members owns a giant peach orchard and gives us tons of peaches every week. They're huge, delicious, and just make me so incredibly happy. I love peaches.

We had splits in Hachioji which was an absolute blast, plus I got to see my good friend Misu Kyodai! He just got back from a trip to America and gave me a bag of reeses minis! Bless that man's heart.

Due to the humidity here I have a layer of sweat on me at all times, my shirts are starting to turn yellow, and it's the best ever.

While writing this email on the train back to Kofu I met a guy from Georgia who lives in Shinjuku. He's a professional boxer and we had a great conversation. Really respects what we do as missionaries. Said I should come back after the mission and go for a career in fighting sports in Japan. Apparently he's only boxed for a few years and said it's pretty easy to get a well paying job as a pro fighter here. So who knows, maybe I'll come back to Japan and become a cage fighter. 

That's pretty much it for now,
Love you all!

愛しています、

Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment