Monday, July 24, 2017

Hot Rod! Week 36 in Japan


Wowie that was a quick week. For starters transfer calls came in! Me and my amazing Mexican companion Elder Farnsworth are staying together for one more! (Although He's from an American family, he was born in Mexico and still has citizenship so we just call him Mexican.) We were hoping for this because things have been going well in the area and neither of us wanted to leave at all.

We met with our man Kazuki for lunch today, he was kind of late but had the most amazing entrance any of our investigators have ever had. He came in on his screaming Harley and when he saw us he just casually pulled up onto the sidewalk and parked it. We then enjoyed a nice lunch and talked about Rock Music, Cars, Bikes, and Faith. He wants to start a business so he can make more money in order to buy a 1972 Chevelle so we might work with him on the church's self reliance
program.

Dog Days with Kazuki

Japan's roads aren't necessarily the safest (by any means) and I had one of the most unfortunate crashes. Nothing got damaged, in fact I casually stepped over my handlebars because my front wheel fell into a slot on the road and piked my bike straight into the air. As funny as it was we had to get going so I had to pull my bike out of the road like Excalibur and we kept moving.

The bike in the stone!

We had an amazing opportunity to find some more people this week, including a Peruvian family! The kids prefer Japanese, but they all speak Spanish, which the parents prefer. I don't know if I've brought this up before, but for some reason everyone on the south side of Kofu knows Eldon, and he posts videos of us on Facebook sometimes, so now we're low key become famous there. Every time we meet someone within the ages of 18-30 they know us because of Eldon. So because of him we've had a lot of success with finding since apparently he's friends with everyone.

This week was jam packed with tons of other wild stuff but I'm gonna stop here... sorry.

Keep on keepin’ on!
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment