Sunday, September 17, 2017

One year older and wiser too (?): Week 44 in Japan

Oh shoot. It's been a year.

Highlights of the week:

I bought a sweet jacket. As far as souvenirs go there were only 2 things I was really keen on getting and this was one of them. Usually these types of jackets are expensive and don't fit me, but yay for recycle shops!






I'm currently learning how to make a bunch of Japanese food from scratch cause my companion is Japanese, and from Hokkaido. Learned how to make some restaurant style miso soup. It's cheap and delicious and I'm now suffering from addiction to miso soup.

Had a cool moment on the road where we got talking to a guy who just got out of college and started working at a hospital. We asked him if he thought God existed and he said wasn't sure. We asked if he's ever thought about it, he said only during the hard times. We had some more discussion and there was just this atmosphere of peace and the way this guy reacted I knew something was there. I don't know why I'm sharing this, but it just felt right. I know that God is there. I know he loves me and everyone around me and that makes me feel happy. It's influenced me for the better and that belief has pushed me to seek for the positive things in life. I'm kind of bummed that I've only got a year left to share that same positivity with others but I guess I'll just enjoy it while I can!

There's a lot of love in the world. I just hope we can recognize that.

愛を込めて、
Elder Cuff

Currently taking job offers for jacket modeling.







No comments:

Post a Comment