Monday, September 11, 2017

There and Back Again! Week 43 in Japan

Well I'm back in Tokyo area! Kind've... Just the very outskirts in the hills. But hey! I'm back!

So I have the greatest companion on the planet, Elder Muranaka. The guy just loves to laugh and is always down for everything. Also I've been learning some crazy Japanese from him. I'm so stoked for this transfer!

Arriving here in Takao the area didn't really have any investigators so we went ahead and hit the pavement. We had an absolute miracle happen when we were passing out some Eikaiwa flyers at the train station. I got talking with a guy about the English Program we do, just your classic Japanese businessman, and originally we made plans for Sunday night. He was really good at English but he said it was because his wife was Filipino and he lived in the Philippines for a bit. When I called to confirm the appointment Saturday night he asks about church on Sunday morning. This wasn't super typical, especially from businessmen. I told him it wasn't the English Program and that it was church where we teach about God and Christ and sing songs, just to make sure there wasn't any confusion with some of the info on the flyers. He tells me he knows and he just wants to come check it out... with his whole family. It's my first Sunday here in Takao (the ward's amazing by the way) and a family comes. Talk about miracles! We set up some appointments with them, and turns out hey live right by the church. Sadly they'll be out of town next Sunday but they enjoyed it a lot and really want to come the Sunday after that. His wife and the wife's mother don't speak any Japanese so I ended spending a mass majority of church translating. But even after having to endure my sub-par translations they talked about how they really enjoyed the messages there and the feelings they got from the speakers and teachers.

I'm back in an area with giant hills so my thighs are taking some heat, but the weathers cooling down and the work is moving. Being a missionary is literally the coolest thing in the world. I get to meet so many awesome people, talk about peace and positivity, and enjoy all the funny and weird experiences that come in between. Lots of fun things have been happening. My luggage still hasn't arrived though so I've been living on the past 2 sets of clothing since Thursday. But our apartment has a dryer so no worries!


The district & our zone leaders.

Back in my beautiful hills!
We found a setting on one of the electric pianos and Elder Muranaka gets a kick out of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment