Monday, September 4, 2017

Week 42 in Japan: Lots of pics, a party, and another transfer

So this was the last P-day for our favorite Brazilian Elder Siqueira. So of course we went to Fuji. We're not allowed to climb it though... also it was super cloudy which meant we couldn't see it even though we were on the base of it...

Still had fun with a bunch of shrines and other fun Japanese stuff. We went to a famous hole in the wall Udon shop there and I asked one of the lady's how they make the soup that they put everything into. Next thing I know my homeboy, Brother Isobe, and me are in the back being taught how to make the perfect Dashi by the worlds funniest Japanese Grandma. So get pumped cause I'm about to dish some of the meanest Japanese dishes you've ever had. Coming straight from the base of Mt. Fuji. 









We had a Family Home Evening with some of the Hispanic members and we ended having a TON of food. In fact we don't have to cook for the next week. 

I've been learning Chinese from Judy! It's so much fun! Tone based languages are hard to understand but really fun to speak. 

We went to Fujisawa with Brother Sharp. It was a crazy roadtrip through the mountains but it was stupid fun. I got to have a great reunion with the members I worked with in Fujisawa and one of the guys that was formerly less active who I had the opportunity of working with is now preparing to go to the temple before it closes next month. I almost cried I was so happy. There was a mission wide fiesta in Fujisawa so a lot of people came from all over the mission with their investigators and less actives. Learned a bunch of cultural stuff about South America and tons of fun dances. I got to translate which was good since it made me pay attention to everything. It was great seeing a lot of missionaries I worked with also. It was just overall a really fun day. 

Also we got transfers today. And I'm getting transferred! I'm a little bit upset because I freakin love Kofu to death but I'm only moving to the next area over to Takao. So I still get to play in the mountains! Also my new companion is Japanese! In fact he's the MTC companion of my beloved trainer Elder Sakae. His name is Elder Muranaka and I've talked to him a few times so I'm super stoked for this upcoming transfer! Our homie Eldon isn't too happy about me leaving but he said he's still gonna hit me up on Facebook so no worries. Yay for technology!

Love one another, support one another, and keep on keeping on!

Proverbs 14:29
"He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly."

Be patient and don't stress the little things! 


I got my fortune told at one of the shrines in Kawaguchiko. Basically it has a fortune for a lot of different aspects of life like travel, love, health, school, etc... That's what each section is. But to sum things up as to what it says... my life is going to be awesome. So that's cool.



愛を込めて、

Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment