Monday, April 30, 2018

Wild week. No time. Love you all: Week 76 in Japan





I have an amazing story of one of the most legendary P-days but I am running on fumes as far as time goes. I will say that it involves a baby blue 1959 Cadillac Eldorado, a professional violinist, Hotel California by The Eagles and The Gospel, Alec, a hot pot, and lots of food. I'll attach pictures. Explanation will be next week. Stay tuned.

Also sorry I forgot to add the last part of last weeks email and kind've left a cliffhanger for transfer calls. I am still in Kamiooka with my new companion Elder Salamanopoulos. Say it five times fast. There are only 2 missionaries in this mission from Las Vegas. Now we're a companionship. He dresses better than anyone I've ever met in Vegas and sings like an angel. We've been non stop the past few days and haven't really had time for meals and studies, but he has been an absolute trooper despite getting tossed in the deep end. Sadly he hasn't gotten much of a P-day to rest in either. My bad dude.

Kouta is doing absolutely awesome. He is going to pray about and decide on a baptismal date soon. Pray for him. He's awesome.

I taught in Spanish! The other elder who transferred into the apartment is Elder Israde. He's from Grand Rapids but grew up in a Spanish branch and spoke Spanish at home so he's been great to practice with. Because of his Spanish skills him and his companion Elder Giles have a new investigator, a belly full of fajitas, and pinstripe Mexican blazers. I got to meet this man on the way to a meal appointment and I got to teach with Elder Israde! Spanish is hard. But God and the gift of tongues is real.

This week I've started to discover the beauty of simplicity, and not stressing the things that aren't in your control. I've found there's a lot of things I can't exactly take over, yet I've been stressing about them. So I had yet another cool chance to take a step back, get on my knees, and rely on someone greater than me. Although there's many people in that category I'm specifically talking about my Heavenly Father. The power of prayer has absolutely rocked my world. It's real and it has changed me. There's a cool quote I read that said, "You will only create a smudge out of you, God will create a masterpiece." It's such a beautiful concept to me. Rely on God. Let him shape you. I love him, and He loves me. It's been an awesome week.

愛しています、
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment