Monday, June 25, 2018

Judo Therapy: Week 84 in Japan

Hey.

Here is the happenings of this week.
- Elder Yamashita of the Seventy came and we had a Mission conference. We got to have an MLC with him which was cool. He has a lot of energy. 

Elder Yamashita Conference. Elder Schow and I had to crouch a little bit so we didn't block others in the photo.

- It rained more ☔
- Weather report says it won’t be raining this week. Big win for the A Team. 
- We found some really cool people. One of them works an office position for Heineken. We’re curious as to how he’ll take The Word of Wisdom if he gets to that point.  
- We always knew our bishop did some type of chiropractic/physical therapy type work but we never really knew exactly what it was. Well my companion and I got a free adjustment from him today. Before adjusting my companion Bishop Takeuchi looked at me dead in the eyes and said, “You ever seen WWE?” Then puts Elder Schow into a hurricane twist. It was a sight to see. Then he offered to see if anything was wrong with me. I felt pretty okay but after a professional evaluation it turned out my right leg was slightly longer than my left leg. I got adjusted and I’ll be honest, I feel great. But unlike a chiropractor there’s no popping or anything. He would twist my leg in a funny direction and then massage, stretch, and twist the muscles. Turns out it’s a Japanese form of physical therapy that originated from the Martial Art of Judo. So the literal translation of what he does from Japanese is, “Judo Therapy”. My Bishop went to college, got a degree, and became a Judo Therapist. That’s a guy I can hang with. 

This made me laugh. I'm sorry if you can't read it (and that I'm still a child), but it gives a detailed on different forms and colors of poop. According to the title, poop is the barometer of health. Who knew?

I had a couple bad days this week. The reason I say that is because, in all honesty, they’re rare. I would say that almost everyday is a good day. But I got kind’ve whiny. I was letting circumstance get the best of my attitude. But it caused some reflection. In that reflection, I had a chance to try and direct feelings of gratitude towards those things that were making me unhappy and found out that even things that suck at first have room to be something positive. It was cool to feel that. There’s a poem I remembered reading called “Invictus”. Forgive if I’m wording it wrong but the last few lines say something like, “I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul”. I love that, just like how we have the power to choose which flavor I’ve ice cream we want at Baskin Robbins, God gave us the same power to choose our attitude, and how we react to the things that go on in life. Other than that things have been pretty peachy. Hope everyone has an awesome week! 

Just another great sunset while knocking on doors. I love summer in Japan!

愛しています、
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment