Tuesday, June 12, 2018

The Boys are Back in Town: Week 82 in Japan

This week was chalk full of stuff! 

Here’s a really unorganized list thoughts and stuff that happened! 

Monday we had a big final Zone P-Day for the transfer where we got the news that I was leaving out to Machida and then my bike tire exploded. I was a bit sad to say the least. Tuesday and Wednesday I enjoyed my final moments in Kamiooka and said some goodbyes while trying to figure out transfers in the rest of the Zone. 

Last Zone P-Day

Last Breakfast with Kouta

Thursday I took off to Machida and what a trip it has been. I get here and my companion lets me know that we’re going to a concert in Kichijoji with a recent convert. The singer was this girl named Lexi Walker, I don’t really know who she is but apparently she been doing alright on YouTube and threw a free concert. So after taking a good trip down memory lane through Machida, and seeing their brand new apartment (it’s awesome), me and Elder Schow set up some plans for the area and the Zone, and then we took off for all of this. Get this, I get there and after sitting down, my MTC teacher Brother Strauss comes walking by. So it was exciting yet felt strange talking to him. He’s buffer than the last time I saw him. I must say, I’m impressed. Anyway, we left the concert a bit early to hit our curfew and talked to some awesome people along the way. 

Saturday was really nice, we got to go see my good friend President Savstrom for SPM. I’m so excited to be working with him again. He’s the man. I’ve spent almost 3/4 of my mission in the Machida Stake and it’s been awesome. Sunday I got to see a bunch of members from when I first started my mission and it was so much fun. This whole weekend has just felt really nostalgic. We took a trip to Costco with our good friend Brother Honda today and it was the same thing as when I was a younger missionary, except this time I can actually understand him. Also I’m here in the summer so it’s not as cold which is way nice. 

Last thing, before transferring out of Kamiooka on Thursday morning we met with Kouta for breakfast at his request. We ate and talked a little bit, then we asked about how The Book of Mormon has been. As expected he’s been reading like crazy, marking things up, and loving it. We shared 2 Nephi 31:20 and after reading he looked up and started testifying. He told us about how much his life has changed since he first started meeting, how The Book of Mormon has changed his life, and how he’s so excited to be baptized. It was hard to walk away after meeting. But luckily we’ve got all sorts of social media that we’re connected on. There’s so many cool experiences on a mission. In fact too many to count. This email doesn’t even cover half of them. Everyday is such a blessing and It’s so nice waking up every morning being excited. Excited about what will happen that day, the people I’ll meet, the experiences ahead, and just the fact that I’m a missionary. I love being here, I love Japan, I love serving. That’s where it all is, in serving others. In looking outward and giving of yourself. It fulfills, inspires, unifies, uplifts, and blesses. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

愛を込めて、
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment