Monday, June 18, 2018

This Rain is Really Wet!: Week 83 in Japan


It’s rainy season! Wet shoes and umbrellas are back in style baby! As usual, the fish is delicious and there’s never too much good stuff happening. 

We had splits with the missionaries in Sagamihara. I went with my man Elder Higuchi. He just got to Japan about 2 months ago and it was fun to take an enthusiastic young dude like him and watch him go for it. I was impressed by his love for the people and trying to talk to everyone even though he’s still in the beginning stages of learning Japanese. People like him make me really happy, he doesn’t let circumstance stop him from having a good time!

We met with Brother Hisaka. Last time I was here we were helping his son prep for a mission and now he’s off in Sendai! Their entire family is hilarious and chalk full of energy. He brought us a Costco pizza. It was a lot of fun. 

I’m in a haircut shop writing this right now. I have mixed emotions about the music here, it transitioned from The Beatles to “Low” by Flo Rida.

There’s a ton of old people here. My goodness. 

I got reacquainted with my old Eikaiwa students this week! Its been fun to see a lot of the changes that have been made since I was last here. 

This Sunday we had a big stake conference. I realized that I’ve been in the Machida Stake for every stake conference that’s occurred on my mission. I’ll let you figure out the English on that last sentence. But it was kind of like last Sunday since I got to see all the old members I worked with, but this time for Takao. Sadly it got broadcasted out to Kofu so I didn’t get to see all those members. But, something really cool happened!

There was a couple of missionaries who served here just before I got here named Brother Rose and Brother Naganuma. They showed up at church with some friends. One of them being a guy they had a chance to baptize but hasn’t come to church since he’s been baptized, and a guy they were teaching around the same time who’s known missionaries and members for a lot of years, and that I knew when I was first here. Thanks to Brother Rose and Brother Naganuma we’re hoping to start working with both of them. They both said they’ll be at church next week and we’re hooked up on social media so we’re excited. Picture below. 

Mini Machida Reunion


Went to MLC this week. Got to translate again. Sister Warnick went in depth on one of her trainings on the science of the heart and different heart problems in order to make an analogy. Learned a lot of new words that day. Some of the words I don’t even understand the meaning of in English, but that’s alright. 

We had dinner with the Suzuki family! They invited a couple of other families in the ward and it was a lot of fun, sadly I didn’t get a picture. Elder Schow and I made a cheesecake and apparently they liked it. Still don’t know how we pulled that one off. The spiritual message was interesting, I guess some of the changes with Ministering have been hard and kind of different for some members so we spent some time reading scriptures together. Hopefully it helped. 

Other than that it’s just been the usual. The area doesn’t really have anyone solid that we’re working with so it’s been a lot of finding and trying to use our time well. Things are going swell!

愛を込めて、
エルダーカフ

I got a new profile!

Japan continues to amuse me.


No comments:

Post a Comment