Sunday, October 8, 2017

Summer Nights...in October: Week 47 in Japan


I made a necktie. It has dragons on it.



We had a BBQ with a member. Most of our area consists of the small towns in the mountains outside of Tokyo and he lives in Sagamiko up a hill from a lake. There was tons of different food, it was delicious, and I can officially say I've BBQ'd off a lakeside in the mountains of Japan. Needless to say it was an amazing night. Grilled pineapple with cinnamon has my heart.


We got to teach some great lessons this week and just been having a blast with the members. The secret to the work is the members. When the members get involved and invite their friends to stuff, great things happen.

General Conference was amazing. Since my lovely companion is Japanese we watched it in Japanese so I wouldn't say my understanding of everything was great, but it doesn't hurt to review throughout the week. But I did particularly enjoy President Uchtdorf's opening talk on Saturday Morning. It really does help to keep an eternal perspective on life.

Love you guys so much, glad everyone home is safe. One thing I've really come to learn about this past year is the importance of patience and humility. It honestly applies to like.... everything.

Keep on loving, keep on smiling,
Elder Cuff



No comments:

Post a Comment