Monday, October 23, 2017

Tokyo Drift: Week 49 in Japan

So the rain stopped this morning and it is just a super clear day today, which is really nice. This past week went by really fast and I honestly don't remember a lot, I'm sorry-haha. It was just a lot of knocking on doors and trying to talk to whomever we could.

I got to give a talk at church this week. I was super nervous about it since they asked for it to be about 10-15 minutes. I mean I struggle to create something that long in English but it ended up being all right. Whether they understood it or not I'm not too sure but hey it happened!

Transfers ended up going pretty smooth. We welcomed a new missionary into the apartment and got the apartment all sparkly clean. The washer machines here attach to a faucet and the fitting that connected the hose from the washer to the faucet busted on me. I was trying to get my laundry out and the washer bumped the fitting and water started spraying everywhere, It was really funny, I thought things like that only happened in movies haha. I got the water turned off and ended up fixing it. I felt like Mario.

We met the guy with the super sweet car. Really Genki guy who loves to joke around. When we originally met him in his garage we got talking about his car (91' Honda NSK Widebody, BTW), and street drifting, which he absolutely DOESNT do because it's illegal, but the conversation just kind of slowly transitioned. We ended talking about the purpose of life and where we go after we die. I remembered him really sitting there thinking through a lot of these questions and he had some solid answers. At the end he was like, "I really like this kind of talk. We should do this again." We're stoked. We're meeting every Thur Fri and Sat now.

As usual, just living the dream.

Much love,
Elder Cuff

Things were a bit rambunctious before we took the picture

The sun may not be out, but our guns were...

There wasn't a Golden Ticket...





No comments:

Post a Comment