Sunday, April 15, 2018

I Love Food! Week 74 in Japan


There's been a lot of great things that have happened in my life over the past year and a half, but nothing will ever amount to the joy I felt when we set up a time to meet with the neighborhood pizza delivery guy. He's been riding around on his scooter without The Gospel for too long.

The pizza delivery guy


If we were to talk about obsessions in life, I'm the fattest guy I know. Everything great that happened this week was followed up by an awesome meal. We had interviews with President Warnick, it was incredible. I wouldn't call it
My umbrella broke.
much of an interview though haha. He asked a few quick questions, the next thing I know the rest of the time was filled with reading scriptures together, sharing ideas, and discussing everything. President Warnick is absolutely amazing and inspires me to be better. Earlier in the week Elder Smith and I had offered to make dinner for him and Sister Warnick after interviews, so it was good to enjoy a quick meal together and discuss some stuff for the mission before we all had to take off.

Zone Conference


We had a Stake Blitz in the legendary Yokohama station. There were SO many people. We combined both zones and just had a giant activity that was filled with crazy moments. I enjoyed the first half of the blitz on exchanges with my favorite Northern Irishman Elder Gill. Such a solid guy with a giant heart. Next round was with Elder Bullag who's from The Philippines! Came from a small island over by Cebu. Loves The Gospel and the Japanese people. Met a lot of people from a lot of
countries that day on the streets, including a professional Jet skier! Afterwards we indulged ourselves at GoGos Curry.

The Blitz



GoGos Curry


Got to perform a baptismal interview earlier in the week for an investigator in Yokosuka who just got baptized yesterday morning. It was done in the ocean, in the middle of a storm. As legendary of a scene it was, we are more excited for him and his family. He's an incredibly solid guy with an even stronger testimony.

Sunday was all food. Our man Kouta joined us for a big potluck with the YSA after church and became friends with everyone. After the potluck we had just enough time to send some reports, contact some people, then hop on our bikes to a dinner appointment with another family and some other members. It was a splendid time had by all.

YSA Potluck


Yes, I love food. I have a problem. But in regards to that there's a scripture that I think many members have read, somewhat understood, but don't always apply. In 2 Nephi 32:3-5 we are invited to "feast upon the words of Christ". The way I've heard it is that there is a difference between feasting and eating. As missionaries we understand that eating is when you cook for yourself. Feasting is when a member
invites you over for dinner. It's taking it all in, being locked in the moment, savoring, gluttoning, taking your time and trying to make the most of every bite. And with that comes another similarity. The only way to know how good something is, is to taste it. To really chew down on something and come to experience it for yourself. I love food, but more importantly I love the scriptures and the changes they've
made in my life. Jesus is The Christ. We are God's children. Love overcomes all obstacles.

愛を込めて、
Elder Cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment