Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Now, is that right? Week 75 in Japan

And there goes another beautiful week!

Top of a danchi off the coast.


I'll be honest, this was a pretty routine week. Lots of laughs, good food, miracles, and learning experiences all around. Today is transfer calls, I'll be staying in Kamiooka with...

This week I had a chance to go on splits with my good friend Elder Nagaoka. We start walking side by side with a guy and strike up a conversation, after some small talk he suddenly starts speaking fluent English with a very gruff western accent. Turns out he did international trade and spent most of his career abroad. Also speaks Spanish and Korean on top of that. Awesome guy who showed us his house and we're gonna start meeting. But that day I definitely didn't expect an elderly Japanese man to look at me dead in the eyes and say, "Now is that right?" With a voice like Clint Eastwood. 

We had dinner with the Owada family and it was by far the most fun meal appointment I've ever gone too. They're a very genki family and it was just a lot of good conversation. The father of the family is a convert who has an amazing conversion story when he was in college. He originally didn't want to learn, but for some reason that he didn't understand then, he kept reading The Book of Mormon. He just continued to read, pray, and ask questions. It grew and grew and now he's one of the many rocks of the Kamiooka Ward who's raised an amazing, happy family. It was a testimony to me of the fruits of The Gospel. 

There's a very common view, I've found in talking to people, that religion in general is something limiting. I've met a decent amount of people who think it's unnecessary. But in my experience I've found the exact opposite to be true. It makes life better. It boosts everything. I like to think of it like Mario Kart. You're on the road just cruising along, then next thing you know, boom. Mushroom. You're gone. Fight like a lion, onward to victory. I know The Book of Mormon changes and guides lives. I've seen it! I know that there is always more to life, even if we try to convince ourselves otherwise. I've come to know, for myself, that there is a Christ who loves me, and it's a beautiful thing. Love you all!

愛しています、
Elder Cuff

We went to Sakuragicha last P-Day! 


I had anin-dofu ice cream. It was amazing!

We were taking a picture in front of the hanging geese, then this guy walked up and asked if we wanted to take pictures with his pug. It was a confusing situation, but come on, how could we say no?

China Town entrance gate.

Video call lesson with Kouta!!

Some cool guys who knew Elder Smith from when he was in Zama!

No comments:

Post a Comment